February 8 Council Highlights
Grey County Council met on February 8, 2024, in the Council Chamber and virtually on Zoom. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of Committee of the Whole. Recordings of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the January 25 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the January 31 Long-Term Care Redevelopment Task Force meeting. Minutes
Committee of the Whole
- Council received a presentation about municipal tax policy. The presentation provided an updated picture of Grey County’s current tax policies and how the local tax levy is distributed between different property tax groups. Grey County Council will set 2024 tax ratios at a future meeting. Presentation
- Council approved multiple changes to Grey County traffic and parking regulations to help improve road safety. Changes include the reduction of speed limits and additional no parking zones on some County roads. Speed limit changes will be introduced on sections of Grey Roads 2, 15, 31 and 119. No parking zones will be added on sections of 10th Street (Hanover), Grey Road 2 and Grey Road 18. Report Presentation
- Council approved a number of changes to help improve the efficiency of County planning processes. Staff developed the report in response to several provincial policy changes made in recent years that impact local planning. Some of Grey County’s planning process changes include limiting comments on Niagara Escarpment development permit applications, delegating staff approval for plans of subdivision where the local municipality has supported the plan, and more. These changes will help speed up decisions and approvals for developers. Report Presentation
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.